Health Canada's Administrative Initiatives
During the course of 2020 in response to the obvious challenges of COVID-19, C3 has been proactive in achieving several elements of regulatory flexibility for our sector. As such, working to address the commercial challenges faced by Licensed Producers of Cannabis is the pressing priority of C3.
C3 engages with Heath Canada on a near daily basis and meets several times annually on a bilateral basis to discuss priority issues. C3's interventions contributed to HC taking the following steps to aid administrative flexibilities:
- Labelling Extension to March 31, 2021
- Deferral of Regulatory Fees payments to March 31, 2021
- Administrative Flexibility on products
- Financing from BDC is now available to LPs
- Recognizing the Essential Nature of Medicinal Cannabis